Monday, October 30, 2006

No Pain, No Gain

My run on Saturday was pretty uneventful. I didn't trip and fall or get chased by a wild pack of dogs or even make that horrible heaving sound I sometimes do after I'm finished running. Don't get my wrong, though, it still was hard to get up on a Saturday morning and run--even if it was only three miles. I ran down Alicia again to Laguna Hills. I just keep thinking, though, "no pain, no gain."

The most eventful part of my day was attending my friend, Kara's, beautiful wedding and reception. Kara was the very first friend I met when I moved to CA in January 2003. After dating for many, many years, she and her boyfriend, Nate, finally tied the knot! The wedding took place in her Methodist church and the reception was at the gorgeous Hyatt in Huntington Beach. Everything about the ceremony and reception was very elegant, classy, and beautiful. It was definitely one of the best weddings I've ever been too. So, congratulations Kara & Nate!

Tomorrow I have to step it up a notch and run five miles...yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home