Friday, November 03, 2006

I be up in the gym just working on my fitness...

Despite my LONG day yesterday, I did go to the gym and I did run three miles with a pace of 10 min./mile the entire time. Yeh for me. Now I gotta work on a 9 min./mile and so on. One step at a time though...

I was checking out the San Diego Rock n' Roll Marathon Web site and I'm pretty excited about the course. It's going to be fun to run...I'll get the grand tour of San Diego on foot. I think one of the hardest parts of running it is going to be getting up way before the crack of dawn to be at the race on time, which starts at 6:30am! Did you guys see that Seinfeld episode where some super fast marathon runner from Kenya or somewhere is in the city for the NYC marathon and Elaine has to remember to wake him up in time for the marathon? Jerry thinks she's taking the task too lightly and so he goes to great lengths to make sure the runner wakes up in time. Of course Kramer is the cause of some issue that in the end, makes the runner wake up late and he has to push through the spectator crowd and start running in the race late (is that even allowed?). I think almost anything in life can be tied back to a Seinfeld episode:-P

Anyway, that's now another one of my fears—I'll be late for my marathon. Today's an off day and then tomorrow I run three miles and Sunday six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home