Wednesday, December 13, 2006

No Big Woop

So last night I ran my fastest three miles since high school. And yet, it was still insanely slow for anyone who is an actual runner. I was pretty thrilled with myself, but like I said, if you're any bit more of a runner than me, you know it's no big woop and you're probably making fun of me right now. 26:30. I think my fastest time ever for a 5K in high school was 23:20 or something like that. Last night I ran two 9 minute/miles and one 8:30 minute/mile to get done at 26:30. I was running on the treadmill, of course. If I can use my shorter distance days when I'm in the gym to work on my time, then I still feel like I'm making forward progress in my training. Now I gotta run all three miles at an 8:30 pace and then slowly keep shaving more and more time off.

Today is a rest day. Then 4 on Thursday and Saturday and another big 8 miler on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home