Monday, December 11, 2006

You Must Not Know 'Bout Me

I finally kept my word...I ran 5 miles on Saturday before sunset (the BEST time of the day!). I ran from Abdul's house down Alicia to Avila and back. Then on Sunday I ran 8 miles, again right before sunset. Eight miles is the longest run I've ever done in my life so far. Abdul didn't end up coming with me because he worked out for a few hours at the gym in the morning, but I told him where I was going and when I was expecting to get home (just in case I got stolen by a stranger in an ice cream truck or something) and he surprised me and was waiting for me at the last turn I made into my complex. So, he ran the last .2 miles with me. I ran from my house down Alicia to Aliso Creek...then to La Paz and all the way down (and UP) La Paz to Paseo de Valencia and then back onto Alicia. One big 8 mile rectangle. Running uphill on La Paz was a bit rough, but after I got past mile six and over the hill, I just cruised through the last two miles. Next Sunday I need to run 8 again and Abdul says he'll really run it with me this time. Although I'm not super fast or anything, I'm glad I'm making progress. I mean, 1 1/2 months ago I would go for a three mile run and convince myself that I needed to stop and "stretch" after 1.5 miles...and then there was that nap I took in the park a few miles into my first 6 mile run. Now I know I can run 8 miles at a steady pace without stopping. I just need to tack on 18 more and I'm ready for the marathon!

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger The Pietilas said...

YOU FREAKIN' ROCK, Carrie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home