Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend Update

I'm getting to be a bit of a disappointment. Reason #1: I'm being a running slacker. Reason #2: These blog entries are becoming more and more boring. Running, as it turns out, is not a very exciting sport to participate in, let alone write about. I guess I could pick up a running magazine and see what their writers write about, but it's probably all about Balance bars, quad stretches, and eating the right carbs. B-O-R-I-N-G. Anyway, I fear that you all are going to stop reading soon if something exciting doesn't happen during one of my runs soon. I hope you're not rooting for a mountain lion attack or treadmill accident, but if something more exciting than me putting one foot in front of the other for 30-60 minutes occurs while I'm out running, you'll be the first to know.

So...on to the running update. I said I'd run last Friday to make up for not running last Wednesday. I lied. Sue me.

On Saturday I woke up and ran 4 miles and felt pretty darn good about it, if I do say so myself. I ran from Abdul's house down to Aliso Creek and back and I maintained a 9-10 minute/mile pace.

Ohhh....on Saturday night Abdul and I went to Sports Chalet and in support of my efforts to run a marathon, he bought me new running shoes! This means I can retire the ones with holes in. My new shoes are actually trail running shoes, but they're lightweight enough for non-trail running. And, most importantly, they look cute. They're New Balance, which I've never worn before, but am excited to try out. Thanks Babe for the cool shoes!!

On Sunday, in my excitement to try out my new running shoes, I got up and...did not go running. Sorry folks, I missed my run on Sunday also. I have an excuse though: We worked on my house ALL day long. Abdul finished installing the rest of the wood floors (he just needed to do a few final touches) and then he installed all of the new baseboards and door casings in my kitchen, laundry room, living room, and dining area and I caulked everything and cleaned up. Even though I have to paint everything tonight, I'm going to make up yesterday's three miles at the gym right after work tonight.

And don't think I have completely forgotten about the four miles I missed last Wednesday...I'm planning to make them up this Wednesday on my "rest" day. And if not this Wednesday, then Friday, or next week, or next month...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home