Monday, November 06, 2006

I Break for Lighthouses

After a restful Friday that included no running (yeah!), I was back in my running shoes on Saturday to run three miles. I had to run at around noon because in the morning I volunteered at the OC Alzheimer's Association's annual Memory Walk with Sabina. The run was hot, but pretty uneventful. I ran down Alicia again to Laguna Hills.

Because I was out in West Hollywood on Saturday night until very late celebrating my friend Angela's engagement to Marcelo at La Boheme, my six mile run on Sunday didn't start until about 12:45pm. It was soooo hot out! I'm ready for cool, Fall-like weather. Anyway, I ran and ran and ran and it took me like two days to run six miles. In fact, I'm still running right now. I stopped for a bit and took a detour through Laguna Niguel Regional Park because I needed a drink of water and it was shady and pretty in the park. So, although I did run six miles, I took a little break, and it took me forever. I'm starting to really wonder if I'm going to be able to run 26.2 miles. I have a loooong way to go.

Today's an off day, which is nice, because Abdul is finally home from his mancation in Peru and I'll be able to catch up with him instead of running. Tomorrow I'll be back at it though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home