Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 is the New 4

Last night I ran 6 miles outside and I felt pretty good. Very good, in fact. At first, 3 miles was easy, then 4, and now 6. Running six miles now feels like a "nice" run. I know, I have a long way to go before I get to 26.2, but I don't think a 26 mile run will ever feel "nice." My next realistic goal is to make 8 miles feel like a walk in the park.

Last weekend when I was in Phoenix visiting Julie and Katie, I didn't get in any physical activity. The weather was cold and rainy and just plain miserable, so we didn't end up going on a hike. We did have fun touring the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and just hanging out and catching up.

When I got home from Phoenix on Sunday night I went to the gym and ran 4 miles to make up for my missed Sat. run. There were actually lots of people running on the treadmills at the gym on Sun. It was nice to have a few "running partners." The guy next to me was up to 6 miles when I hopped off my treadmill. I wish I could do 6 miles at the gym, but I'm afraid I'd die of boredom. Note to self: Finally get an iPod.

Here's a pic of the three Ohio girls in Arizona last week. I know, I look like a goob. Ug...actually, I look like a man...what's up with THAT?

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Hi Carrie
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
I am amazed and proud of you. I can't imagine running 6 miles and feeling like it is only a walk in the park, and now you are on your way to 8.
Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home