Friday, January 19, 2007

Tids and Bits

  • I skipped my run on Wednesday because I didn't feel well (had a cold). I sat inside and watched Food Network and did nothing all night long. I was bored out of my mind and by the end of the night I was pissed that I had wasted an entire evening "getting well."
  • I ran 6 miles on Thursday night, even though I was still sick. I couldn't sit inside and do nothing another night. While running, I came up behind a woman (in the dark) who was power walking with weights. I apparently totally scared her because when I ran by she screamed and jumped, which made me jump. I was running in my new Smart Wool beanie and dark colors (except for my reflective vest!) and I'm sure I looked like a hoodlum. Luckily I was able to reassure her that I wasn't going to steal her weights and body slam her into traffic.
  • Abdul made me take this super nasty Tylenol Cold & Flu stuff last night that I swear I almost puked up. I threw such a fit about taking it that in the end he promised that he'd never make me take it again and that he'd get me the "child's" cold medicine in the future. Thank you very much.
  • Remarkably, I feel better today. I guess the shot of Tylenol from last night helped. Although I still am never drinking that nasty stuff again.
  • My assritis has been acting up again lately. Abdul says it's because of the cold weather.
  • I forgot to mention a few weeks ago that my cousin, Sarah (who ran the Chicago Marathon), pointed me to a great Web site to map out runs. It's www.mapmyrun.com. Check it out.
  • I ordered my Road ID (see link in side bar) and received it in the mail a few days ago. I wore it for the first time last night. Now, if I get hit by a crazy bus out of control on the sidewalk, or, more likely, if I trip and fall and knock myself out, whoever comes to help me (please, someone, come help me!) will know my name, etc., and who to contact.
  • I'm going to Phoenix this weekend to hang out with Julie and Katie. I'm sure I'll have a picture or two to post here next week. I doubt I'll get any running in, but we're hoping to do some hiking. I love hiking!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home