Friday, January 12, 2007

Pumping Iron, Part I

I've been keeping up with my running this week. 4 miles (on the treadmill) on Tuesday and 4 miles (on the treadmill again) on Thursday. Last night my friend, Megan, who had a baby only 6 weeks ago, and already weighs more than 10 pounds less than me, worked out with me. She has a degree in exercise physiology, and so it was great to get her advice on running and lifting weights. She ran for awhile with me and then helped me work out my abs, triceps, and biceps. I'm actually not hurting today, so either I was doing something wrong yesterday or I just didn't push myself hard enough. I'm such a pansy, so it's probably the latter. Anyway, Megan is going to work out with me weekly now, which will be fun. Maybe her husband will come with us sometime and really show me how it's done--he's a personal trainer. I have just over four months to get ready for the marathon, so it's time to bring out the big guns.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home