Monday, January 29, 2007

TEN Miles!!!

I did it--yesterday I ran my farthest yet: My first 10 mile run. I ran in the afternoon at Aliso & Wood Canyon and I honestly felt great. I figured it would take me 1:40 at a 10-minute/mile pace, and I was pretty close--I finished in 1:38. I maintained a very consistent pace throughout the entire run and once I got past the first few miles, I just fell into a rhythm and kept on running. Oh, one thing that made me feel really great when I was running yesterday is that I actually passed two bikers! Ha...they were riding sooo slow because they obviously didn't know how to move the seats up on their bikes and so their knees were practically bumping their chins while they were riding. Anyway, I won't be able to run a "long" run next weekend because we'll be skiing in Colorado with Anna, but when I get back I bump up my long run to a 12 miler--yikes!

Working backwards...I ran 4 miles at the gym on Saturday. I just didn't feel like running outside, even though it was nice out, but I should have because I got soooo hot in the gym that I honestly thought I was going to pass out. I can now run 4 miles on the treadmill at a constant 8:57 mile pace.

After the gym on Saturday I went to my friend, Angela's, wedding to Marcelo. It was the first Muslim wedding ceremony (nikah) and reception (walima) that I've attended and I really enjoyed it. Here are a few pictures from it:


Me and Angela After the Ceremony (I had to wear hijab inside the masjid)


The Happy Couple

Me with friends Andrea and Megan

Friday was an off day. Last Thursday I ran 7 miles outside after work. I ran from my house down Alicia to past Po. I'm not sure if I'll do that run again, though, because I had to cross freeway on-ramps that don't have crossing signals and that was too much like playing chicken in the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home