Monday, February 19, 2007

My Blog Has a Runny Nose

Ugg...my nose, not my feet, has been running lately. I contracted a cold last week and am hopefully at the tail end of it by now. I ran 8 miles last Thursday on a route I've never run before. I ran from my house down Oso to Cabot to La Paz (4.5 miles). It was my first time running with my new iPod:-) I met the Bullocks and Sabina at the gym and ran the remaining 3.5 miles there. The run down Oso wasn't bad, although it was a bit dark in places. The path on the side of the road is also used for horses, I believe, and so I'm pretty sure I stepped in some horse dung at some point by accident--yuck! Anyway, it was nice to meet friends at the gym and chat with Nicole B. while running. I think we're going to make this a weekly occurrence.

Friday was my day off. Saturday morning I met Nicole B. bright and early at 8am at Aliso & Wood Canyon and ran four miles with her. Again, it was very nice to have a running partner and I think we're going to try and keep up the Saturday morning runs too.

I was supposed to run 6 miles on Sunday, but I took the day off to try and get over my cold. I might make up 4 of those miles at the gym tonight though. This week is an easy week on the schedule--all 4 mile runs. I'm going to Atlanta Wed. - Sun. for work and so I'll have to run at the Marriott's fitness center while I'm there (I've been instructed by my co-workers NOT to run outside in downtown Atlanta!).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home