Wednesday, February 07, 2007

You're so vain, you probably think this blog is about you...

Actually, this blog is my exercise in narcissism. It's all about me. Well, actually, this entry is about Anna and Abdul too! We had a great time skiing and boarding in Colorado, despite the very frigid temperatures and gusty winds. And oh my gosh...what a workout we all got! The runs at Copper Mountain are all so long; by the time we got to the bottom of the mountain, our thighs were burning like hot sauce in your eye. Ouch!


Anna & Me Warming Up in the Lodge


The Three of Us in Our New Copper Mountain Ballcaps

I should have run on Sunday night when we got home, but I was too tired. And then I should have run on Monday, but I was feeling lazy and depressed and so I went to bed at 8pm. So, finally, yesterday after working all day and teaching until 9:15pm, I went to the gym and ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I swear it was 100 degrees in the gym. After running and almost fainting from the high heat, I said something to the guy at the front desk about the heat being so high and he replied, “Really? You think it’s hot in here? Huh…doesn’t feel hot to me.” I told him that I was a disgusting sweating mess after only working out for 35 minutes and he made it seem like no one ever complains about the heat there. Interesting to note, though: The dude said that all of the controls for the heat and music are inside a tiny locked room that no one really has access to. I gotta find a way to break into that room!!

Tonight I'm supposed to run 8 miles, but that's just too much to do after working and getting home late and having to run in the dark. I'm planning on putting 6 in instead.

Oh...one accomplishment to note: I finally finished my "build up" training schedule last week. Now I've moved on to the "marathon" schedule. During my "build up" training, I ran 224 miles. Only 17 weeks left until the marathon!!

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger superstar said...

good picture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home