Monday, March 26, 2007

Running in NYC

Ack...I didn't actually do much running in NYC while we were there last weekend. I did, however, do LOTS of walking. Basically, I took most of last week off to recuperate from my almost-17 mile run last Sunday and then got back in my running shoes Friday morning in the fitness center at our hotel. I ran three miles there (and felt pretty good!) and then put away my running shoes and got out my walking shoes for the rest of our time there. And boy did we walk--all over! We were down in Battery Park and up in Central Park and everywhere in between (SoHo, NoHo, Greenwich Village, Midtown, etc.). Luckily we did lots of walking because we also did lots of eating:

On Sunday I went for a 7 mile run around Aliso Viejo and Laguna Hills. It was a good run and I actually felt very energetic--I almost felt like I was flying! I think I needed a little rest last week and maybe a few extra calories from some New York style pizza!

We have dinner plans two nights this week and then I also have to teach, so I won't be back out for a run until Thursday, but it will be a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home