Monday, March 19, 2007

SIXTEEN Miles!!!

Holy freakin' cow...I actually ran 16.75 (almost 17!) miles yesterday. It was a long run, but it made me really believe that I can run a marathon. I started out at 4:40pm and ran from my house out Morning Ridge and onto Alicia. Then I ran down Pacific Park to Aliso Creek to Alicia to Crown Valley to PCH. By the time I got down to the ocean, it was cloudy and dreary out, but the temperature was cool and so I didn't feel overheated. I ran down PCH to Niguel...past the Ritz and St. Regis. Then I ran down Niguel forever and ever amen until I finally got back to Crown Valley. I ran into a Taco Bell at the corner of the intersection to grab a cup of water (I was getting pretty thirsty at this point). I grabbed my water and kept walking (as I would do in the marathon) and then started running again once I finished it. I ran down Crown Valley to La Paz and then all the way down La Paz to Pacific Park then to Alicia and then to Morning Ridge and then home. I wanted to cry when I saw my house again.


I felt really great during the run. There were a lot of hills (both up and down hill) and I did really well on them. By the end of my run, though, my legs were getting tired. I feel like my lungs and heart and body are in shape, but my legs just got tired after running all that ways. Abdul rubbed my feet with lotion last night (so sweet!) and I figured that after a good night's rest, I'd feel better in the morning. I was wrong.

My legs hurt me so much this morning they woke me up. PAIN! In addition to my legs being very sore, I am also chaffed in many places...under arms, thighs, and stomach. I know...I should have put Vaseline on. We leave for NYC on Wed. night, so hopefully I'm not so sore by then.

Oh, I also ran 5 miles on Saturday. Megan met me in the morning at Aliso & Wood Canyon and we ran 5 miles on the trails there. Again, it was so nice to have a running partner. This week I'm going to give my legs some time to recover...maybe go for a walk tonight and run later in the week at the fitness center at the hotel (or who knows...maybe in Central Park!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home