Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Make Cures Happen

I've had a couple of people ask me how they can donate towards the marathon I'm running. Well, this isn't a charity fundraising race, so up until now, there hasn't been anyway for people to donate. Realizing that doing all this training and racing in the marathon without helping others (when they can be helped) is awfully selfish, I decided to participate in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Make Cures Happen" fundraising campaign (you may already be familiar with the Society's "Team in Training"). According to the Society, someone new is diagnosed with blood cancer every five minutes; every 10 minutes, someone dies. In fact, despite the many breakthroughs, leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20. I'm sure everyone reading this post knows someone who's fought a blood cancer--or if not that, then cancer of some kind. Please help me raise money for this very worthwhile society so that hopefully someday children and parents won't have to suffer through leukemia or lymphoma.

I'm accepting online donations for the Society (my goal is $500 in only two short months) at http://www.active.com/donate/mchsandiego/26while26. If you prefer to donate via check, please contact me for my address and I will tell you how you can donate in that way.

For more information on The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, click here. If you want to see a report on Give.org about the spending practices of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, click here.

Please, please, help me "make cures happen" while I run the marathon on June 3. Note that all donations must be made before the marathon on June 3. Thank you for your help!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home