Monday, April 02, 2007

New Shoes, Part II

Last Friday Abdul and I went up to Hollywood for the night and then went to Universal Studios on Saturday--good times! He had a work thing to go to on Saturday morning so while he did that, I ran 4 miles in the Renaissance's fitness center. My muscles felt completely fine running, but I thought I was going to pass out from the heat! I think that if I'm going to run on a treadmill indoors, I basically need the air temperature to be 50 degrees and I need a bunch of fans blowing on me.

On Sunday I went shopping for some long overdue running purchases. I bought new training shoes, two running outfits, and a pair of running socks. Then, I put all my new gear on and went for a 10 mile run. The shoes gave me blisters (yeah, I know, I shouldn't have broken them in with a 10 mile run), but overall I like them a lot--they're very lightweight compared to my trail running shoes. The running outfit--oh my gosh!--I loved it! It kept me cool and dry (it's made out of that micro fiber material) and it was so comfortable--no chaffing! Anyway, the run went very well--I ran down Oso to Margarite to La Paz and then back home. I ran up six pretty decent hills, which made the run a bit more challenging, but more fulfilling also.



This week I'm on Spring Break from teaching and so I'm going to try and run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday--hopefully with Megan, Nicole, and/or Diana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home