Monday, April 09, 2007

10 Is The New 6

I've finally reached the point where 10 miles doesn't feel like a big deal. The first time I ran 10 miles I wanted to call everyone I know afterwards and tell them that I'd just run 10 miles. Now, it's just a regular old run. But, alas, I'm not running a 10-mile marathon, but a 26 mile one. Next weekend's long run is 15 miles, so that will really help me get closer to 26.

Since I'm now using Hal Higdon's training schedule instead of that no-name one from before, I didn't have to run on Saturday. Instead, I was supposed to "cross train." So, I went on a hike:-) Abdul and I were getting so tired of being in the "city" so we drove inland to Oak Glen and then to Forest Falls and hiked to the Big Falls (see picture below). I used different muscles hiking and climbing than I do when I'm running and that is the whole point of cross training.



This week I'm running 3 miles on Tuesday, 7 miles on Wednesday, and 4 miles on Thursday--much lower mileage than I was running before, but at least now I will minimize my chance of injury and burnout.

Oh...one more thing: THANK YOU so much for those of you that have donated so far to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through my Web page. Barbara, Lauran, Pam, Tanya, Katie, and Sabina--you are awesome! As for the rest of you, if you'd like to donate, you have until June 2:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home