Friday, April 06, 2007

New Schedule

Gosh, my posts lately have been so serious--I guess I'm really getting into this running/training thing! I had a GREAT week of running. First of all, I ran with Megan all week and she is wonderful to run with. We talk the entire time and so the run just flies by. Plus, I think that when I run with her, my pace is a little faster. I am really bummed that she's moving in two weeks. Anyway, we ran 6 miles on Tuesday and part of that was through Laguna Niguel Regional Park. On Wednesday we ran 8 miles. And then last night we ran at least 4.5 (partially through Aliso & Wood Canyon). I've been training since October and so I felt good, but I'm amazed at Megan's ability. She just had a baby four months ago and was able to run 8 miles with me after hardly running at all prior to that. I hope that I bounce back that fast after I have children (if I have children, of course). Megan has always been very athletic though whereas I've been more...um...stationary:-P

Megan has run three marathons before (two in Chicago and one in NYC) and so I've been talking to her a lot about my training, etc. Abdul's been telling me all along that he thinks I'm training too hard and Megan said the same thing. I sent her the schedule I'm following and she said it's not a "novice" schedule. She really encouraged me to use Hal Higdon's marathon training schedule for novices (he's the official trainer for the Chicago marathon). So, I'm switching schedules to avoid burning out! My new schedule looks much more doable and I'm looking forward to using it to finish my training. I'm getting so excited about the marathon!! I made hotel reservations yesterday and am actually really looking forward to running the race and proving to myself that I can run 26.2 miles while I'm 26.

Here's my new training schedule. I'm at the end of week 9 right now. You can check out more of Hal's schedules on his Web site at http://www.halhigdon.com/.


1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger newshoes said...

Carrie, I thought the same thing, too, that you were training too hard...but I'm no expert so I didn't want to say anything. Glad you took their advice, because I would hate to have you burn out, too!

Have a happy Easter weekend, friend =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home