Wednesday, April 11, 2007

25:35

Last night after teaching I met Nicole D. and Sabina at the gym to run on the treadmills. Since I switched training schedules, I only had to run 3 miles last night. So, I pushed myself to run a 8:27 minute/mile and although I had to slow down during the last 3 minutes because I thought I was going to overheat and pass out, I still ran 3 miles in about 25:35, which is the fastest I've run 3 miles since high school. I think I'm going to keep pushing myself on these short mileage days to increase my speed. My biggest problem isn't that I don't have the endurance or physical ability, it's that it's so freakin' hot in the gym that I am literally melting and bright red not too long after I start running. 24 Hour Fitness, pleeease turn up your air conditioners!

Tonight I'm running around Laguna Niguel and the lake with Megan and then Abdul and I might run 4 miles together on Thursday. Oh...and on Saturday, Diana and I are going to run together finally--yeah! I love my running partners!

More Thanks: Since my last post Susan & Marcus and Nikki have contributed towards my fundraising efforts for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society--you guys are awesome! I'm just over halfway to my fundraising goal of $500. Nikki, in fact, is a complete stranger to me, and yet she still donated. Nikki has a Google alert set up to receive e-mails when information about Forest Falls (her hometown) is posted online. My last post included a blurb about Forest Falls because we went hiking there last weekend. Well, she got the link to my blog and read it and felt inspired to go running and donate. Isn't that a great Internet story? So, special thanks to Nikki for being such a kind stranger. Maybe we can even go running together sometime since she doesn't live too far away from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home