Monday, April 16, 2007

Of Strong Winds, Baby Joggers, & Bike Rides

The update...last Wednesday I ran 7 miles around Aliso Viejo by myself. Then on Thursday Abdul and I ran 4 miles together at Aliso & Wood Canyon in fairly strong winds. Saturday morning I woke up at 6:15am and ran to Diana's house in Laguna Niguel and then her, me, and her 8 month old son, Cameron, ran 9.5 miles (well, her son slept in the baby jogger) and then I ran back home for a total of 15 miles. It was great running with Diana. We talked the entire time and so the run flew by. She's going to be my weekend long run buddy and we're already planning on heading out together again next weekend. She ran the LA Marathon the other month, only 6 months after giving birth! I also gotta give her major props for running so far with a baby jogger. I think it would be a lot harder to run with only one arm--especially up hills (and we ran up quite a few of those!). I'm very excited that Diana lives so close now and that we're able to run together:-)

Sunday was a day for cross training and so I went on a 6.5 mile bike ride down the Aliso Creek Trail. Today is supposed to be a rest day, but since I have to teach on Tuesday, I think I might do Tuesday's running tonight.

Even More Thanks: Since my last post Julie B. has also donated money towards my fundraising efforts for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'm now at 61% of my goal. Thanks Julie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home