Thursday, June 07, 2007

594.5 Miles

That's the grand number, folks—in my seven months of training I ran 594.5 miles. That averages out to 85 miles/month and 21 miles/week. That's not a huge number when you break it down like that, but compared to the number of miles I ran the seven months prior to the start of my training (um...0), that's a lot.

My legs, back, and sunburn have now recovered from the race on Sunday and I'm feeling pretty much normal once again. Except for my toe. Remember I said that I think my toenail might fall off (yeah, yeah, gross)? Well, now I don't think that it will fall off; I think my whole toe might fall off. (I'm probably exaggerating, but it's more dramatic this way.) Turns out I had a blister underneath my toenail, which, of course, I popped. Which is now infected and my entire toe is swollen and red. The pain in my toe actually woke me up this morning! The toe in trouble is the one next to my pinky toe (this is the piggy that got no roast beef...that's probably why he's sick now; he needed protein after the race).



The "official" pictures from my marathon are now online here. You can search for them using my last name, or my bib number, which is 15781. Check out the picture with the ID of 15304-3212-019; it looks like I'm getting a little too happy with another runner after finishing the race.

Oh, dollars and sense: I ended up raising $890 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through my fundraising Web page!! My goal was $500 and so I greatly exceeded that. Thank you so much to everyone who donated, including three of my co-workers, Violet, Carol, and Mark, who donated the day before my race. Also, thank you to my friend and running partner, Diana, for donating. You all are so generous and kind! If you wanted to donate but didn't get a chance to do so yet, you have until June 17 to donate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home