Monday, May 21, 2007

Up, Up, and Away!

On Saturday morning I crawled out of bed at 5am and started to run to Diana's house at 5:15am. Crazy! As soon as I walked down the stairs of my condo and turned onto my street, I was confronted with a coyote walking towards me on his early morning stroll. Luckily, as soon as he saw me, he ran between the cars on the side of the street. I was a little nervous to run by him, but I knew he was more scared of me than I was of him. It was so eerie to run so early in the morning--it was still dark and here was no one out and about. No traffic. No other runners. I arrived at Diana's at about 5:40am and we ran 8 miles together with her son, Cameron, in the baby jogger. Afterwards I ran home for a total of 13 miles. This was my last run over 8 miles before my marathon.

On Sunday instead of running, I went flying! I surprised Abdul with a hot air balloon ride birthday present and so we floated through the coastal valleys near Del Mar right before sunset. We loved it and had so much fun! Here's a picture of us as our balloon is inflated:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home