Friday, May 18, 2007

Two weeks until race day!

Oh geesh, it's been way too long since I posted anything. The reason for my hiatus: I had nothing to post. After my 20 mile run I took 1 1/2 weeks off from running. Not sure if that was the best idea, but I'm also not sure if there was much of a way around that. First, I was super busy with teaching and grading papers and my real job and then I went to Ohio for a long weekend for a volunteers’ conference at my undergraduate alma mater (BGSU) and to surprise my mother and grandmothers for Mother's Day. I could have gone running in Ohio, but instead I chilled out with my family and enjoyed just being with them and being away from work and everything hectic in California. Here's a picture of me, my sister, my mom, and her mom (my Grammy):


And not to leave out my dad's mom, here's a picture of me, my brother, my sister, and my Grandma:


Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, Grammy, and Grandma! I love you all so much!

I taught my last class of the semester at CSULB this past Tuesday and finally got back into my running shoes on Wednesday. I ran 8 miles then and 5 miles on Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going to put in 12 miles (8 of those will most likely be with Diana). Sunday marks the beginning of the official two week countdown until the big race day! I've been training for seven months now; it's hard to believe the race is now only two weeks away!

Extra Giant Big Thanks: HUGE thanks goes out to my company, OfficeMate Software Solutions, who very generously donated $250 towards my fundraising campaign for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Amazing! I'm so lucky to work for a company that cares so much about the efforts and causes of its employees. Special thanks goes out to Ed, my CEO:-) Also, additional thanks goes to Kara, my dear friend who lives in Seattle; my wonderful mother; and Mary Ann, one of my Book Club friends, who donated these past two weeks. I have now surpassed my fundraising goal of $500 by 38%. You all are awesome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home