Friday, May 04, 2007

Weighing In

Since I started training for this marathon, a lot of people have asked me if I've lost much weight. My answer: No. Maybe I've lost a pound or two, but that's it. I don't own a scale so I rarely weigh myself, but Abdul does have a scale and when I do step on it, I don't see a change in the number staring back up at me. My friend, Katie, told me that she read that if you're training to run a marathon, don't plan on losing weight. And after a little Internet research myself, I found that most people don't lose weight while they're training (unless, maybe they were overweight to begin with, I guess). When I tell people that I haven't really lost any weight, despite the many miles I've run since October 2006, they seem a bit perplexed. My response is that I certainly have gained a lot of muscles in the lower part of my body, and I've probably lost some fat in the process, but my overall weight hasn't changed. I guess my body is at the weight that it's supposed to be to support me.

Last Saturday I ran 12 miles--8 of those were with Diana. I couldn't run on Tuesday because I had to teach, but on Wednesday I went out for a 9.5 mile run around Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, and Mission Viejo. I felt really good during the run, especially at the end. Last night I ran an easy 5 miles around Laguna Niguel and the Regional Park. Today is a rest day. Abdul's birthday is Sunday and so we're beginning the birthday celebrations tonight. The plans are a surprise so he doesn't know yet where I'm taking him! Tomorrow morning I'm waking up super early to meet Diana for a run. I have to run a total of 18 miles and 8 of those will be with her.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Kawika said...

Tell Abdul I wish him a happy birthday. I noticed he didn't leave you a donation...what's up with that? Breanna's first birthday was last Thursday. Unreal.

hugs and kisses to you + abdul

DM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home