Friday, June 01, 2007

Time to Rock n' Roll!


Oh geez...two days from now I will be running in the San Diego Rock n' Roll Marathon! Wow. This week I ran 3 miles at the gym on Tuesday, 4 miles outside around Aliso Viejo on Wednesday, and 2 miles at the gym last night. I felt great during all of the runs and I feel ready for the marathon. I'm nervous, but excited too! I've come a long way from wanting to pass out during a three mile run last October. 26.2 miles, here I come!

During the race you will be able to monitor my progress online at www.rnrmarathon.com. You can see, in real time, my times at the 10k mark, half marathon mark, 21 mile mark, and at the finish line. The marathon begins at 6:30am PST and I'm hoping to be finished before 11:30am PST. We're heading down to San Diego tomorrow afternoon to go to the Expo and eat a big Italian dinner. After the race on Sunday I will definitely let everyone know how I did and what the experience was like. So, stay tuned...the next time I post I will officially be a "marathoner"!!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Carrie, I am so proud of you. You set a goal and make it come true - though pain, endurance and determination. You are an awesome woman! Love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home