Friday, April 20, 2007

Well, I'm running down the road, tryin' to loosen my load...

...and I definitely need to take it easy! Only six more weeks until the marathon though! On Tuesday I got home from teaching late and went to the gym to run. I don't know why I do that. I haven't been to the gym in a long time and every time I go, I come back and write in my blog about how freakin' hot it is in there and about how I almost passed out from the heat. And then a few weeks go by and I start thinking "well, maybe it's not that hot" and so I go to the gym and run and almost faint onto the little Orange County girls who are all dressed up in their best gym clothes and who are slowly walking on the treadmill next to me. So, last Tuesday was pretty much just a repeat of that scenerio again. I ran my first 2+ miles at an 8:27 pace, but then I had to slow down because I felt like I was running on the surface of the sun, not at a gym in SoCal.

On Wednesday I met Megan at her house and we ran 8 miles together around Laguna Niguel in the cool, windy weather. I felt so sluggish for some reason--like the entire run was uphill instead of just parts of it. Megan's IT band was hurting her. Despite our aparent slowness, we only finished about 3 minutes later than we normally do.

On Thursday Megan met me at my house and we ran 4 miles in Aliso Viejo. This was a nice, quick run and I felt much better than the day before. After my run, I quickly showered and rushed off to a Tupperware party hosted by a drag queen! The dude was quite entertaining, but as much as he sang and danced about the wonders of Tupperware, I still refused to spend $50 on a plastic bowl that I keep in my fridge with leftovers in.

This weekend I'm running 16 miles on Sunday and 10.5 of those will be with Diana and her son, Cameron. I'll do some cross training too, but I'm not sure what yet.

Until next week, don't let the sound of your own feet make you crazy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home