Friday, April 27, 2007

Smells of Jasmine

Ug...I'm behind in my running updates. Let's see...last Sunday morning I met up with Diana and Cameron and we ran 10.5 miles together. Since I ran to and from her house, I ran a total of 16 miles. This was my second 16 mile run. I remember that after my first 16 mile run two months ago, my legs felt soooo sore. I'm happy to say that my legs felt fine afterwards this time:-)

I skipped out on my Tuesday run because it's just too much to squeeze into my already full day of working and teaching. On Wednesday I ran 8 miles outside around Aliso Viejo, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Niguel. All of the jasmine in the area is blooming and it was so sweet to smell during my run. The first three miles of my run were mostly uphill, so it was good practice for the hills in the marathon. Luckily, the hills in San Diego are much smaller! The MapMyRun Web site now shows the elevation of your route, so here were my elevations on Wednesday:


The socks I wore on Wednesday were not my regular running socks and they were much thinner. Consequently, I came home with new blisters:-( I ran 5 miles on Thursday (down to Lake Laguna Niguel, through the park, and then home) and my blisters are really killing me today. I hope they heal before the marathon!

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting Diana and Cameron to run again. I have to put in 12 miles. I only have two more "really" long runs before the marathon--one 18 miler and one 20 miler!


Lots More Thanks: You all have been so generous in giving to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Thank you to Ely and Shannon and also to my co-worker, Paul, for donating. You guys are awesome! I'm now 76% of the way to my goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home