Tuesday, May 29, 2007

FIVE days until the marathon!

Okay, I admit it--I'm getting a little nervous about this marathon business! I can't believe that after seven months of training, it's now only five days away. Scary!! I'm ready though. Last week I was busy, but I ran 4 miles at the gym on Wednesday and also on Thursday. Both nights there was a guy running next to me who was training for his next triathlon. I told him I was running my first marathon soon and he suggested that maybe I'd participate in a triathlon next--ha! No way! One marathon is enough for this girl. There are other things on my list that I need to conquer next!

Since I'm tapering my mileage now, I don't have to run as far. This week's mileage is 3-4-2. I didn't run this weekend; Abdul and I went camping in Sequoia National Park. We went on a nice hike, though, to a waterfall:


Gosh, there's more I could write in this blog entry, but just thinking and writing about the marathon is making me all verklempt. I need to keep my nerves at bay so I'm fully prepared for Sunday. I'll post at least one more time before the big day...yikes!

Even More Thanks: My co-worker, Marci, and my friend, Nicole B., recently donated towards The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on my fundraising Web page. You ladies are both awesome! I've far surpassed my fundraising goal now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home